Ice fishing derby nets $134,695 for Burns Lake community
Michels Canada organized the Burns Lake Centennial Ice Fishing Derby on Tchesinkut Lake to celebrate the community’s 100th birthday. The event reeled in $68,440 and we would like to thank the many people who have welcomed us while we are building a section of the Coastal GasLink (CGL) pipeline construction project in the area.
To make an even bigger splash, Coastal GasLink and TC Energy donated a generous matching grant of $66,255, bringing the fundraising total to $134,695. Our people, our construction partners and the community members turned a cold winter day into a heart-warming success
The funds will be donated to:
- Board of Education of School District No. 91 (Nechako Lakes)
- Burns Lake Search and Rescue Society
- Colleymount Recreation Commission
- Lakes District Festival Association
- Lakes District Fair Association
- Lakes Outdoor Recreation Society
- Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako
- Tweedsmuir Recreation Commission
- Village of Burns Lake
More than 350 entrants signed up for the day-long event, which drew tremendous support from the community and Woods N’ Water outdoor equipment retailer.
A special thanks to our Project Environmental Manager Allison Ussyk and Transportation Coordinator Brittany Riopel for exceeding expectations in coordinating a great event!